Monday 17 June 2013

Cobb Salad

So I sit here tonight with Day-Glo pink toenails and fingernails, I have a mask on my face that I paid a fortune for to rejuvenate my skin and have Crest White Strips on my teeth. I'm on a self improvement kick. Still on my reducing plan too. And I've lost ten pounds. So it's all good right? Wrong! Because I'm doing every single thing in the world with the exception of getting my ass up off the chair and walking down the block! I understand the concept of baby steps, but no steps at all is a disgrace. So I'm going to work on that.

But first, I must share my Cobb Salad recipe with you. This is another one of my non-recipes that's all just smoke and mirrors. But in this case, I was all about fooling myself into thinking I was having a marvellous meal while I was on a diet. And guess what? It WAS marvellous! I would eat this salad anytime I want to enjoy a million wonderful and fresh flavours, dieting or not.

I was short on time tonight because my car was in the garage, so I needed something quick and easy. Normally I would roast off my own boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but I used those strips you can buy already cooked (not nearly as good) and a good quality bottled Ranch dressing (definitely worth the time saved!).

You'll need:
A very big salad bowl if you're feeding a family
1 head of iceberg lettuce
2 stalks of chopped celery
4 large mushrooms, sliced
Break up your lettuce with your hands and lay it on the bottom of the bowl
sprinkle your celery and mushrooms over that

6 slices of crisply fried bacon
1 chopped tomato
1/2 a cucumber chopped
a couple of handfuls of chopped chicken breast cooked
3 chopped hard boiled eggs
Grated cheddar cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper to season
Or add any other vegetables you like and herbs too!

Dressing of your choice, but I'm all about the Ranch for this salad

Line your bacon, tomato, cucumber, chicken and eggs as you see in the photo on top of the salad.
Serve your dressing on the table so people can take as much as they want. Serve it up.
Can you believe that's all there is too it? And it doesn't taste like a diet at all! It tastes like pure indulgence. Like this facial wrap that promises me my youth back! Smoke and mirrors baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment