Friday 12 December 2014

Baked Tacos

Here I go again contradicting myself. I found a recipe on facebook that I shared to my sister's wall since she doesn't like to cook or fuss around with food. But I know her family loves food. So when I spot a really easy one that has potential for flavour, I share it over to her. But even I wanted to try this one out. It's literally the easiest weekday meal you will ever make. I'm all about cooking all day long since it relaxes me and I enjoy it. So speedy recipes aren't my thing. But this took less than 30 minutes and it was full of flavour, and has the flavours of my beloved Mexico, where I'm headed to in 7 days. So a Joy! And let's do this!

You'll need:
1 package of lean ground beef (about a pound.)
1 finely chopped onion
1 package of Taco seasoning (cringing now, but it works)
1 can of refried Pinto beans
1/2 can of tomato sauce
6 small tortillas

And to garnish:
Lettuce, chopped tomato, salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, chopped cilantro

Preheat your oven to 375. Brown the hamburger meat and add the chopped onion and saute until soft. If you didn't use lean ground beef, drain the fat. If you did, let's forge ahead. There will be a bit of fat, but we're down with that. This is life. Add the can of refried beans and the taco seasoning and stir it all around for a few minutes until it all bubbles up and blends in. Add the tomato sauce. Taste and add some salt and pepper if you like.

In a 9 x 9" pan, fill each soft tortilla with the beef and spread it into 6 shells equally. Top with shredded Mexican blend cheese. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes then broil just until the cheese bubbles and remove from the oven. Let sit for about 10 minutes and serve with garnishes. Easier than making a peanut butter sandwich. You'll be making this one every week. Cheers friends! Always trying to save you time during the Holiday crunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment