Tuesday 1 May 2012

Leftover Steak Salad

I was thinking I might share my recipe for my beef bourgignon or possibly my great big Chateaubriand recipe today. But it's May 1 and I have to go see my family doctor in 7 days to get my annual lecture about my cholesteral issues. And that's no joke. So we better lay off the hard stuff until after that. So here is a lovely and light (and I pray to God - Healthy) salad that I love to make when I have leftover steak. Which I should not be eating of course. But I could leave the beef off my portion and it would be just as delicious.
You'll need:
3 limes (juice only)
3 tablespoons of soy sauce (low sodium of course!)
3 tablespoons of canola oil
3 tablespoons of demerrara or brown sugar
3 gloves of minced garlic
2 teaspoons of minced ginger
1 generous teaspoon of red curry paste
a container of those mixed spring greens (organic is best)
2 very thinly sliced shallots
1/2 cup or a little more of cilantro leaves
1 cup of sliced fresh basil leaves (I love the Thai basil for this one)
Mix up all of your ingredients not including the greens, basil and cilantro with a whisk in a small bowl.
Thinly slice your leftover steak.
Toss all of your salad greens with 3/4 of the dressing. Arrange your steak slices over the greens and pour the remaining dressing over the steak.
That's all there is to this one. It's just bursting with flavour and I'm pretty sure it's healthy too because you don't even need any salt or pepper! If I don't get in too much trouble at the doctor's appointment, I'm coming bursting out of the gates with some not so heart healthy stuff soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment